- Biggest winner this week: Diana Young ($49,350) (May 17)
- Streaks snapped: Rat Race (5 straight losses - previous win was January 19, 2011)
- On Monday, the four gifts in Temptation totalled $3,328. That's the cheapest prize package since May 14, 2008. In that playing, the four prizes totalled a mere $2,295. (The contestant actually took the gifts in that playing)
- On Tuesday, both Pricing Games that were played for a car (Lucky $even, Rat Race) were won. Last time two car games were won in the same episode: February 18 - nearly three months ago.
- Eazy az 1-2-3 has been played 13 times this season. In seven of those playings, the correct combination was to place block #1 on the middle prize, block #2 on the leftmost prize and block #3 on the rightmost prize.
- On Thursday, Jerome won Clock Game with only one second left on the clock. That's the closest win since October 24, 2007 - that contestant won with only 0.5 seconds left.
- In the past five playing of 5 Price Tags, no contestant has managed to win more than one pick out of the five price tags. No wonder this game is presently on a five game losing streak.
- In addition, 5 Price Tags was played third on Thursday. Last time this game was played in a slot other than first, second or fifth: January 16, 2008.
- With the $11,000 and $1,000 wins on Friday, $309,000 has now been won in Showcase Showdowns this season. That's the most amount of money ever given away at the big wheel in one season. (Previous high: $305,000 in Season 38). Adjusted to the old bonus values, $189,000 was won this season, which is well behind the marks set in Season 29 ($256,000) and Season 30 ($265,000).
- On Friday, Most Expen$ive was played sixth, becoming the fourteenth Pricing Game to be played in all six slots this season (Joining Squeeze Play, Freeze Frame, Push Over, One Wrong Price, Range Game, Double Prices, Pick-A-Number, Switch?, Flip Flop, Cliff Hangers, Coming or Going, 1 Right Price and Side By Side).
- Also on Friday, Lucky $even was played for a $15,268 Honda Fit. That's the cheapest car offered in this game in at least the past ten seasons.
- With the win on Friday, Most Expen$ive was won for the tenth time this season.
- Grand Game has only been won twice this season. As a result, this game has the lowest total winnings among all cash games. That's quite a dramatic change - this game is usually slotted second or third in terms of total winnings among cash games:
|Game|| Season 39 || Season 38 || Season 37 || Season 36 || Season 35 |
|It's in the Bag||$32,000||$37,000||$42,000||$88,000||$41,000|
|Pay the Rent||$35,000||-||-||-||-|